Sunday, August 26, 2012

Day 882 : Breakfast for dinner on a Sunday eve

Do you love breakfast as much as I do? 

There's just something so comforting about eggs, waffles, pancakes and more. It brings a smile to my face any time of day. There are many an evening where you will catch me making an omelet for dinner just because I love breakfast so much I need to relive it twice in one day!

There's especially something fabulous about breakfast for dinner on Sunday evenings when really you want comfort going into the upcoming week so tonight I thought I'd share my late summer frittata recipe for a great Sunday night meal, perfection on the table with a glass of Prosecco. 



  • 4 whole large eggs
  • 6 large egg whites
  • 1/2 cup buttermilk (I like the consistency and the fact its lower in fat but you can always go for whole milk)
  • 1/2 cup of French feta
  • 3/4 teaspoon sel de guerande 
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  • 2 medium zucchini cubed
  • 1 summer squash / patty pan cubed
  • 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes cubed
  • 1-2 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
  • 1 teaspoon diced Basil
  • I like to add a pinch of crushed red pepper for a nice spicy kick
  • 1/3 cup finely grated Parmesan

  • Prep:

    1. Preheat broiler
    2. Combine "wet" ingredients in a large bowl -- aka eggs, milk, feta, salt and pepper.
    3. Saute zucchini and patty pan squash with the herbs, garlic, salt and pepper for approx 2-3 minutes.
    4. Pour egg mixture into pan till it starts going opaque and the sides start turning up - 3-5 minutes.
    5. Top with diced cherry tomatoes and basil and Parmesan 
    6. Broil frittata until set and nicely golden brown - 3-4 minutes.
    7. Take out and let sit and cool for approx 5 -7 minutes. 
    8. Serve :)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Blog Archive