Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Day 643 : In season...brussel sprouts...

Brussel Sprouts are my favorite Fall vegetable by far -- little jewels of yumminess in my mind. I've been cooking with a lot of them as of late and so I thought today I'd share my ode to brussel sprout recipe:

1 cup of brussel sprouts (I love to use them right off the tree if you feel like investing in an entire brussel sprout tree, I guarantee they will be fresher.)
1/2 cup of chanterelle mushrooms
2 carrots
1 Shallot
1/3 cup of dry roasted slivered almonds
EVOO
Rosemary
Oregano
Sea Salt / Black Pepper
3 year aged Parmesan

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Dice up mushrooms, carrots, and the shallot. Grab an oven safe dish and as long as the brussel sprouts are on the smaller side I prefer not to chop them up as I think that they have such a dynamically green and vegetal yet meaty flavor when enjoyed whole. So toss them with the other veggies, the almonds, EVOO, some rosemary and oregano and a dash of sea salt and black pepper. Place it in the oven for twenty minutes and then pull out and top with a nice healthy grating of Parmesan and pop it back in the oven for another fifteen minutes. Pull out and enjoy with a nice glass of Paumanok Cabernet Franc.

Stay tuned for our new SCS spotlights later on today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive