Saturday, September 24, 2011

Day 591: You can't go wrong with the classics....

In the past few days I've had two notable classic cheese pairings and each time I've been quite happy...sometimes going with a tried and true option is truly enjoyable...I am quite a fan of thinking outside of the box but these instances have been delish and satisfying in every way.

What are these classic cheese pairings I speak of you might be wondering-

Well two nights ago I dined with friends and had the restaurant's take on a caprese salad -- thick slices of fresh heirloom tomatoes and buffalo mozzarella with a homemade spicy pesto sandwiched between each layer and EVOO and aged balsamic vinegar drizzled over the top. Creamy, fresh mozzarella paired with the lusciousness of in season tomatoes, how could you go wrong there?

And last night, at a family event, a simple butter lettuce, pepper rubbed goat's milk cheese and dried cherries salad was a delight.

Classic cheese pairings done well always puts a smile on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive