Saturday, January 14, 2012

Day 704 : My new cheese crush....

I just discovered the most fantastic cheese -- Grassias. It is crafted by Paula Lambert's Mozzarella Company in Dallas, Texas whose Hoja Santa cheese I adore but this was new territory for me! This lemongrass leaf wrapped young cheese totally blew me away! A combination of goat and cow's milk, a semi soft creamy cheese that is decadent, divine, and delicate. The perfect blend of that crisp grassy citrusy tangy tartness of a classic goat's milk cheese with the buttery milky roundness of mouthfeel of a cow's milk cheese. With the added herbaceous qualities of the lemongrass leaf, it is a truly unique cheese. Great with a glass of mineral forward white wine or a blond beer.

Where can you find my new cheese crush?

At Artisanal where you can buy a roundelle for $9.75.

Image courtesy of www.artisanalcheese.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive