Friday, April 29, 2011

Day 444: Quick Spiced Lentil Goat Cheese Dip

The other night I was searching in my fridge for a quick simple dinner and I realized I had some steamed French lentils, goat cheese and some roasted tomatoes. Why not make a delish dip packed full of protein to spread on some Ak mak crackers? And boy was it delish! So I thought I'd share my dip recipe for you all:

1 cup steamed french lentils
1/3 cup oven roasted tomatoes
1 1/2 tablespoons of herb chevre
Drizzle of EVOO
Crushed Red Pepper flakes
Paprika
Herbes de provence
Sea Salt
A dollop of dijon mustard
1 tablespoon of water making it thinner and smoother without too much liquid

Combine all ingredients in a food processor. Season to taste. Place on top of the Armenian crisp sesame seed flatbread crackers, Ak maks. Top each with some fresh sliced cherry tomatoes and slivers of chives. A quick simple delish dip that is perfect when you aren't feeling like making a very involved dinner.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive