Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Day Three Hundred and Forty Four - Fast, Easy, Fresh Dinners for One

My fast, easy, fresh dinners have been lagging it seems in the past few weeks, so I thought I'd provide you all with what I made last night for dinner - a one pot dinner for one full of yummy things.

As you may know from reading my musings here, I love brussel sprouts. They are one of the quintessential fall and winter vegetable staples in my household. Having gotten some nice farm raised brussel sprouts over the weekend, I thought I should use them last night. Instead of cutting them down however, I separated each brussel sprout into tons of leaves, that was to be the base for my one pot warm salad. I then chopped up a clove of garlic and placed my brussel sprout leaves into a saute pan with some Olive Oil PAM and the garlic clove. To this pan, I added some roasted slivered almonds, a nice amount of cubed firm fine herb tofu (If you don't like tofu, please feel free to substitute maybe for some chicken?), and grated over the top aged asiago infused with rosemary and olive oil. The perfect cheese to add that nice melted melding quality will not overpowering, I wanted to be able to taste each and every element of the dish. Then I drizzled a little bit of EVOO; mixed in a dollop of dijon mustard, sprinkled some gray salt, rosemary, and basil and placed a lid on the saute pan and turned the heat up to medium. Mixing every few minutes for about twelve to fifteen minutes, your one pot dish should be done. Top with a sliced Persian cucumber for crunch and should you feel the desire a drop more grated cheese. Enjoy!

I enjoyed it with a glass of Astoria Prosecco, a light fruity bubbly with a clean finish from Italy. At $10 a bottle, it surely doesn't break the bank but it will delight the palate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive