Friday, November 18, 2011

Day 647: Revisiting Barely Buzzed

Lavender and Espresso Grounds? Together? Hand rubbed onto the exterior of an aged cow's milk cheese?

Yes you heard correctly!

The cheese is Barely Buzzed and it hails from Beehive Cheese Company in Utah. They have recently developed a new cheese that I cannot wait to try called TeaHive which is rubbed with bergamot oil and black tea leaves.

But back to Barely Buzzed for a moment here -- it's been a while since I'd had this spectacular and really unique cheese which is if you ask me one of the most excellent examples of American artisanal cheesemaking. It is the sort of cheese that you can serve as a centerpiece, you wouldn't necessarily need to have multiple cheeses -- Barely Buzzed can easily take the spotlight as it is so flavorful and so dynamic. Last night I served it with some oat cakes, figs, dates, and roasted almonds and it was perfect -- a great reminder for me of this fabulous cheese so I'm passing that along to you all...

If you are looking to try something new and different -- definitely check out the Beehive Cheese Company's cheese repertoire.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive