Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Day 484 : A new Loire Valley Goat - La Bonde D'Antan

As many of you know I have a very soft spot in my heart for soft ripened goat's milk cheeses, especially those Loire Valley goats...and today I discovered one I hadn't had before -- La Bonde D'Antan.

Smaller than a Chevrot but bigger than a Crottin with that classic goaty tang. When it is young, it is soft, luscious, clean, sweet and creamy but with age, it firms up with a deepening of flavor profile turning it into a more advanced cheese -- piquant, grassy, spicy, with notes of green pepper and citrus. A great summer afternoon cheese with a glass of rose and a crunchy baguette!


As a new portion of my website, when I review cheeses I will give them a letter grade for my particular taste buds, I know that you might not agree with me, but at least you can get an idea of where I might place them.

For La Bonde D'Antan, I give it an A-.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive