Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Day Three Eighty Six - A bite at Co.

Co, Jim Lahey's casual pizza joint is my favorite pizza place in town -- they've got an extensive selection of Austrian wines and even bubbly ones, definitely bringing a smile to my face. Apart from the wine selection, they've got the best thin crusted pizza pies in town, great salads, cheeses and more. I know I've already blogged about my last time at Co, but we had a different pizza this time so I thought why not sing the restaurant's praises a little more.

Last night, we split their Kale salad and their Popeye pizza. Their kale salad was composed of kale, brown rice vinegar, olive oil, sea salt, roasted celery root, mutsu apple and scallions. It was a fabulously vegetal herbaceously crisp salad, not too heavy on the dressing, allowing the veggies to sing not drowning in liquid that would mask their flavors. After our lovely salad, the Popeye pizza hit the spot! A thin, slightly burned crust, crunchy and simple was topped with three cheeses (Pecorino, Gruyere and Mozzarella) and heaping amounts of spinach,  black pepper and garlic. This was light, savory, green and creamy and wonderful! We had our meal with a nice light sparkling Gruner, delish and perfect.

Co is the sort of place I can go back to time and time again and always be thrilled with my meal. Sometimes there's a bit of a wait for a table, but it is totally worth it! So next time you are in Chelsea, stop into Co, I promise you won't be dissapointed.


230 Ninth Ave.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive