Sunday, January 16, 2011

Day Three Hundred and Forty One - Of Sundried Tomatoes and other things...

I think sundried tomatoes are one of those foods people either love or hate. I find that very few people are apathetic towards them. Why I'm not too sure, but I think there is a great sundried divide.

Confession: They are one of my favorite foods and always have been. Store bought, homemade, served in a dish or as an accompaniment or as a snack, they always bring a smile to my face. Food should bring a smile to your face, don't you think?

They are such a simple pleasure I find that you cannot go wrong. Pretty much straightforward tomatoes dried in the sun or in one's oven, draining them of their water content but maintaining the tomato's nutritional value.

So why focus on them today?

How about for a little herbaceous dip?

Perfect for a night in with friends watching the Golden Globes or watching the Jets - Patriots game, this is an easy, accessible, fast dip!

8 ounce log of herbed chevre
1/2 lb of ricotta
Drizzle of EVOO
2/3 cup of diced up marinated sundried tomatoes
1 clove of garlic
1/2 cup of roasted almonds
A few sprigs of fresh rosemary
Handful of basil leaves
Sea Salt
Crushed Red Pepper

Combine all together in the food processor and enjoy with veggies or with pita or whatever your heart desires.

Enjoy folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive