Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Day Three Hundred and Twenty Three - An Impromptu mid-week GCF

This morning I decided after a nice run to make a simple yet delish breakfast, a perfect lazy morning sort of treat. Quick and easy today after a long preparation yesterday...

Yesterday afternoon while doing some work from my apartment, I decided that I would use up some old cherries and make a confiture out of them. By that I mean I basically boiled them down for hours with some water, a little bit of white port since I didn't have any brandy, two tablespoons of brown sugar and a little sea salt. Cooked over low heat for about three hours, you could savory yet sweet confiture perfect for this morning's breakfast.

How to showcase the confiture?

How about on a whole wheat cinnamon raisin English muffin with some Gorgonzola Piccante? Fruit forward and somewhat sweet with the nice spicy bite of the cheese on the backdrop of a flavorful yet light English muffin. A great breakfast for relaxing staycation morning or a weekend brunch treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive