Monday, November 8, 2010

Day Two Seventy One - Albeit a bit late...Of bucket lists and other philosophical things...

Yesterday, I checked off a bucket list item for me...running the ING NYC marathon. Yes, I had run a marathon before, but there is something so different about spending four hours outside at Fort Wadsworth in Staten Island dressed in a mixture of old clothing and trash bags before you start running a marathon with 43,000 other people and then once you start running, having the opportunity to run through the five boroughs of the city I call home.

Was it an easy race for me? No. Did I finish? Yes. In the time I wanted? No. Am I glad I did it? Yes. Would I do it again? Maybe, but there are so many fantastic races all around the world that I might be interested in doing...life is too short to only run in the city I live in. That being said, it sure is quite an amazing feeling being part of such a large international group of superstar people. Life sure is too short not enjoy the little moments of greatness from a nice morsel of cheese, a great sip of wine, a beautiful painting, running 26.2 miles -- you name it,  it's about doing those things that make you YOU.

So I ask of you all in my waxing philosophical mode here, to stop and think about those things that make you smile and make sure to do more of them. Have a bite of that yummy cheese and a sip of that wine or go out and run ten miles just for fun...

Thank you to everyone who made yesterday's feat possible, now onto the next race and the next challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive