Monday, July 5, 2010

Day One Forty Four - Massive Catchup Mode Here - Holiday Weekend Backlog Part One : Pico

Hello faithful readers, I hope you all had a good holiday weekend!

I apologize I am so far behind here, I am sure you all know what it is like to be out of town and not having access to a computer...but fret not, in the next two days, I'll get all caught up. Yes, unfortunately that means that will be a lot of posts ALL at once, so don't feel overloaded, there's plenty of time to read my musings when you have some free time...

For post number one of the weekend, I thought I'd discuss a fantastic cheese that was given to me by my significant other as a sweet little gift before going away this weekend for our roadtrip -- Pico. It was given to me with a lovely Zaros loaf of bread and Spanish artisanal sea salt crackers..yum yum!

Back to the cheese matter at hand, Pico is an aged goat's milk cheese from the Ardeche and Drome regions of France that is packaged in its own individual wooden box. This creamy, grassy, gooey, classically fantastic French goat's milk cheese is in its prime at this time of year. Unlike the old French translation of the cheese, it is most certainly not sour -- decadent, dynamic, delish, you can't go wrong with this easily transportable cheese. Perfect with crisp, light wines like Sancerres... It will melt in your mouth and lead to a full out smile. More importantly though, if you aren't familiar with Pico, definitely go to Murray's and check it out within the next few weeks.

Such a special little treat, a great way to start the holiday weekend!

That's all for now folks, I apologize the remainder of my catchup will have to happen tomorrow when I won't have spent the better portion of the day in the car. Nite all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive