Thursday, May 6, 2010

Day Eighty - Seven : Short & sweet & simple

Catching up to this evening where I sure am exhausted  and want to be an old lady and go to bed really early, I thought I would provide you with a short and sweet quick recipe.

While walking home this evening, I decided I needed strawberries from the fruit and veggie guy on the corner. 3 boxes of strawberries for 5 bucks, I was sold, I needed some fruit in the house, something yummy, fresh, juicy, and delish!!

After I had my dinner this evening, I got to thinking, well what did I want to do with the strawberries and here is what I did, boy was it delish and simple!

What do you normally dip strawberries in? Chocolate right?? Definitely not in cheese as in a fondue preparation!! Too bad!! But here is what I did tonight, I strongly recommennd this:

Leave a bowl of fresh and washed strawberries to one side. Take a tub of our favorite ricotta, Salvatore Brooklyn  and combine that with fresh basil, salt, pepper, and a drizzle of raw honey. Now when you dip that strawberry in, you will get  those outstandingly unusual flavor profile Delish!! Perfect with a light minerally whie wine!!

Enjoy this incredibly simple recipe, sometimes the simplest are the hardest to think of but definitely the most satisfying!!!

Have a good night ladies and gents

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive