Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Day 1041 : My Newest Cheese Crush

Gosh it's been a while since I had a cheese crush, wow!

But fret not, I have a new crush....and what is it you are wondering at the edge of your seat I am sure.

It is Birchrun Hill's Farm Fat Cat. Raw cow's milk cheese aged for a minimum of two months with a fantastic natural rind and the most wonderful cakey cream line. This is raw farmsteads barnyardy to cheese to die for. Earthy yet creamy, decadent yet with an edge, Fat Cat has a nice nutty butteriness to it with a warming roundness. You can't beat this with a nice glass of medium bodied white like Channing Daughters Cuvée Tropical or I could even see enjoying this with a cold brew, perhaps a nice Pale Ale.

Fat Cat is definitely memorable for all the right reasons, craveable and unique, the things a cheese crush is made of.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive