Monday, May 16, 2011

Day 461 : Rainy Day Blues

Gosh I feel like the British have lent us their springtime weather looking at this week's forecast for rain and more rain and yet more rain. So I thought we should embrace the rainy day blues with a fabulous Scottish blue? Gosh this weather surely doesn't feel like May 16th, does it?

We all know Stilton, so I thought I would suggest a fabulous blue that I consider to be a richer, creamier, more luscious Scottish relative -- Strathdon Blue crafted by Ruaraidh Stone in Tain, Ross-shire, Scotland. Less punchy and piquant with a roundness of flavor and crisp freshness made with a mixture of pasteurized cow's milk. An excellent example of Scottish cheese making seemlessly appropriating British, French, and Italian blue cheese notes into a product completely their own and utterly fabulous!


I'd recommend enjoying this on a whole wheat walnut raisin bread toasted with a nice glass of red wine.

Let's kick those rainy day blues folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive